Znojmo city invites you to visit the Historical Vintage Festival, which is held from 14th to 16th September 2018.
You can feel the unique atmosphere of this medieval festival of wine, the largest event of its kind in the Czech Republic.
This celebration took place in Znojmo for the first time in 1966 and it celebrates the visit of King John of Luxemburg and his retinue from 1327.
What awaits you:
• historical march with torches through the town during the Friday evening with fire show at the end on Masaryk square
• historical march through the town during the Saturday afternoon
• ceremonial opening of taverns and inns
• various cultural and musical programmes arranged at 13 places in historical centre of the town
• jousts of horseback
• historic marketplace, street theatres and swordsmen’s contests
• aisle of poor
• a lot of activities for children
• and mainly wine and half-fermented wine degustations
Come to Znojmo and enjoy weekend full of fun, delicious wine and dishes in the middle of the historical atmosphere.
Paid programme: Friday September 15th 10:00 - 22:00 and Saturday September 16th 8:00 - 22:00.